randomkarmageneratorrandomkarmagenerator

Main Audio Reviews Stats 2 Fans

Dj Cargo = Flute gate Dj Cargo = Flute gate

A critical opinion...

Good kick/snap/clap combo. The melody could use some tightening though. Particularly the bass synth and high-pitched strings synth, which could be tweaked to accompany each other a little better. Nice breakdown starting 1:25. Perhaps some overuse of the splash though. If it were me, I would have used a snare patch with more rasp, but that’s not my primary reservation. I really like the flute melody in the build, but dropping it at 2:50 seems anticlimactic, then reciprocating from that section into a progressively descaled outro seems to rob it in a most subtle way of the all-in payoff that should have happened at 2:50. I would normally give this a 3, but considered the many 0’s anything and everything is subject to, 4 it is.

bjoaierjbioaerjgoerj responds:

thanx for the advice!

Egyptian Robots Egyptian Robots

Aptly named.

I like. Catchy main melody. A bit glitchy for my tastes, but no harm in that. For being only 3:05 you could have encoded at 128kbps, at least. Why 56kbps?
Voted 4 on the reservation that there’s no padding between the rhythmic melodies and percussion (save for the extensive and often muddy bass decay), which, although that may be a stylistic intent, retracts from the cohesiveness as a whole. In any case, keep it up.

MrTheJazz responds:

Why? I don't know the difference between the encoding speeds and the difference it makes in music yet. I know. I = noob, but we all are at some point, eh?

And I wish I knew what padding was. I confess, I know little at this point in time and am still experimenting. You caught me.

Invunerable--_--(FULL) Invunerable--_--(FULL)

Production vs. musical merit

What you have here is a mediocre song, but a pinnacle production. The music itself is lacking in diversity, dynamic, and it's almost missing some of the sentient atmosphere in your previous work. It makes for an overall creepy, machine-like feel, but inherent in its dimished sentient atmosphere it is missing a defined character. This is an ideal candidate for an action/shooter game, but short of a given imagery, it doesn't really have its own direction. As for the production, this is some of your best yet. I can see why you think of it as a masterpiece. You've utilized proper gain structuring and eloquently implemented some fundamental mixing techniques, and as a result it sounds very good. Keep this production up, but don't forget to focus on the underlying composition of your work.